This training is a great introduction to motivational interviewing and how it can benefit the therapeutic relationship when working with SUD. Participants will be informed of how SUD and trauma can interplay and how the use of MI can enhance the treatment process. Participants will gain understanding regarding the spirit of MI and walk about with basic skills to utilize with clients.
- Define 5 shared symptoms of trauma and Substance Use Disorder
- Identify 3 parts of the brain impacted by trauma
- Learn 5 ways substance use and trauma impact brain functioning
- Explore 5 behaviors associated with the 4 different brain states including suicidality
- Explore how motivational interviewing can enhance the treatment of trauma and substance use disorder