Please join us for this course co-presented by Michael Borash, LPC and Trish Caldwell, MFT, LPC, CCDP-D, CAADC, CCTP
“We are born in relationship, we are wounded in relationship, and we are healed in relationship”, Harville Hendrix, Ph.D.
This presentation will explore and synthesize the importance of interpersonal relationships for both the addict and significant others. We will briefly contrast the interpersonal as opposed to the intrapsychic approaches to treatment. Tools to facilitate relational growth and healing will be discussed.
- Integrate Relational theory and application with addiction recovery.
- Identify relational deficits in addiction treatment including co-occurring disorders.
- Understand the relational woundedness of significant others and the path to their own Recovery.
- Learn the fundamental tools of interpersonal growth and healing.
- Appreciate the necessity of creating interpersonal safety for the relaxation of rigid defenses.